March 1, 2011
Food in Film: 10 Mouth-Watering Movies
baking blog to share my experiences with others. Watching food on film is certainly a wonderful experience for me as it always inspires me to learn new things. These are my top 10 choices where food is deliciously depicted on film.
10. Waitress (2007) - MRQE Metric - 72
9. Woman on Top (2000) - MRQE Metric: 46
8. Mostly Martha (2001) - MRQE Metric: 71
No Reservations. Although these two films have a similar plotlines there is no use in comparing them as the original highly exceeds the remake. This film tells the story of Martha Klein, a controlling chef who throws herself into her career. This rigid chef’s life quickly loses its control when she must adopt her 8-year old niece and when a handsome new sous-chef enters the picture. While this film shows its viewers the inside of a kitchen, with egocentric chefs and mouth-watering meals, it also tells the story of how the unexpected can change your view on life.
7. Chocolat (2000) - MRQE Metric: 67
6. Babette’s Feast (1987) - MRQE Metric: n/a
5. La Grande Bouffe (1973) - MRQE Metric: n/a
4. Ratatouille (2007) - MRQE Metric: 85
3. Marie Antoinette (2006) - MRQE Metric: 61
2. Julie & Julia (2009) - MRQE Metric: 69
1. Like Water for Chocolate (1992) - MRQE Metric: 73
This article was guest written by Christiana Weber, a recent graduate of Parsons the New School for Design, who follows her love for writing and French patisseries through her own blog. More on Christiana can be found at http://petittreat.blogspot.com